- RSS Channel Showcase 1221956
- RSS Channel Showcase 9984404
- RSS Channel Showcase 4751213
- RSS Channel Showcase 2054325
Articles on this Page
- 12/11/17--22:54: _Legalization of mar...
- 12/11/17--22:54: _A boy shares the pa...
- 12/12/17--23:08: _Record numbers are ...
- 12/12/17--23:08: _Video: Jimmy Kimmel...
- 12/12/17--23:08: _Driven by demand, P...
- 12/12/17--23:08: _How is Florida's he...
- 12/13/17--23:10: _An overlooked epide...
- 12/13/17--23:10: _Florida hospitals c...
- 12/14/17--23:28: _City Council sinks ...
- 12/15/17--23:39: _Obamacare enrollmen...
- 12/15/17--23:39: _Pigs can be therapy...
- 12/19/17--00:19: _CDC chief disputes ...
- 12/22/17--00:34: _She finally had a b...
- 12/22/17--00:34: _Fueled by opioid cr...
- 12/22/17--00:34: _CDC's grim new opio...
- 12/23/17--00:39: _Indulge in Orange a...
- 12/23/17--00:39: _Weekday Sauteed Bro...
- 12/23/17--00:39: _Mayo Clinic Q&A: ho...
- 12/23/17--00:39: _Food allergy? Food ...
- 12/23/17--00:39: _Sexual victimizatio...
- 12/12/17--23:08: Driven by demand, Planned Parenthood opens second clinic in Tampa
- 12/12/17--23:08: How is Florida's health? Not so great, report says
- 12/15/17--23:39: Obamacare enrollment ends today, but some can get an extension
- 12/19/17--00:19: CDC chief disputes reports of banned words
- 12/23/17--00:39: Indulge in Orange and Raspberry Tart
- 12/23/17--00:39: Weekday Sauteed Broccoli is healthy and tasty
- 12/23/17--00:39: Mayo Clinic Q&A: how to ease jet lag; hernia disc surgery options
- 12/23/17--00:39: Food allergy? Food intolerance? Something else? A closer look
- 12/23/17--00:39: Sexual victimization discussion takes center stage
WESTMINSTER, Calif. - After Yarly Raygoza attended the drug prevention program at the Boys-&-Girls Club here last year, she used what she learned to talk a few friends out of using marijuana.The 14-year-old took the class again this year but worries that counseling her friends will become
While fighting back tears, young Keaton Jones couldn't stop asking one question: Why?"Just out of curiosity, why do they bully? What's the point of it?" he asks his mother while in the passenger seat of a parked car. "Why do you find joy in taking innocent people and finding a way to be
With just four days left to enroll for health insurance on the federal exchange, advocates for the Affordable Care Act say Florida is headed for a record-breaking year. In week five of the six-week open enrollment period, about 823,180 people signed up for health insurance on healthcare.
Jimmy Kimmel was absent from his ABC late-night show last week while his 8-month-old son, Billy, recovered from his second heart surgery. Ever since Billy was born with a heart defect and required immediate surgery, Kimmel has become an outspoken advocate for universal health care, occasionally
The floor-to-ceiling glass windows are heavily tinted and the inside is hidden behind rows of curtains. Security cameras monitor every corner, and only patients with an appointment and valid identification can pass through the intentionally cramped entrance area. A receptionist sits behind a
Florida slightly improved its national standing this year, rising from 36th to 32nd overall in the annual America's Health Rankings report. But the takeaway for the nation's third-largest state is that it has a long way to go in many important health categories. According to the report,
Consider it America's other prescription drug epidemic.For decades, experts have warned that older Americans are taking too many unnecessary drugs, often
The number of doctors practicing in Florida has not kept up with the state's surging population growth, and more money is needed to recruit and keep them here, hospital leaders said Wednesday.The shortage is particularly acute in four speciality areas: urology, thoracic surgery,
ST. PETERSBURG - After months of tense negotiations and weeks of political impasse, the City Council on Thursday derailed a proposal that would have changed the ownership structure of the city's largest hospital, Bayfront Health St. Petersburg.The 5-3 vote scuttled a deal that would have
Today is the day that open enrollment for the Affordable Care Act will close for most people. But those affected by the slew of hurricanes that pummelled Florida, Texas, Puerto Rico and other states earlier this year can take advantage of a two-week extension. Open enrollment is extended
Shrieks of laughter echoed off the walls of the hospital as Thunder the mini pig flopped onto his side and the children huddled around him, scratching his pink, hairy belly. He and his wet-nosed partner, Bolt, drew patients in wheelchairs and bandages, and even a few doctors in white
ATLANTA - A list of words shorter than a spelling test has caused a national political stir.There were reports last week that analysts at the nation's top public health agency, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, based in Atlanta, were given a list of forbidden words.
When Tina Gibson got married seven years ago, the 26-year-old knew it was unlikely that she would have children naturally. Her husband, 33-year-old Benjamin Gibson, had cystic fibrosis, a condition that can make men infertile, the couple told CNN.The East Tennessee couple decided they
American life expectancy at birth declined for the second consecutive year in 2016, fueled by a staggering 21 percent rise in the death rate from drug overdoses, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported Thursday.The United States has not seen two years of declining life
The national opioid epidemic escalated in 2016, driven by an unprecedented surge in deaths from fentanyl and other synthetic opiates, according to new data released Thursday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.More than 42,000 Americans died of opioid overdoses in 2016, a 28
During the holidays, we could all use a fantastic tart recipe in our hip pockets. Tarts are a perfect festive end to any dinner party, and they make a lovely gift for a neighbor. If the thought of making homemade crust intimidates you, or if you just prefer not to take in so many fat
Every weeknight, 6 p.m. rolls around, and across America, we scramble to find something to feed our families. Our end-of-day creativity is sapped, and we turn to our core repertoire of recipes that we make over and over. And this isn't a bad thing. Having a handful of go-to dishes we can
TAKE STEPS TO EASE JET LAG BEFORE YOU EVEN TAKE OFFI recently took a new job that involves frequent overseas trips. The trips usually last four or five days and include many business meetings. I'm concerned about jet lag and how it could affect my ability to be mentally sharp. Are there
The holidays are filled with fun, family, friends and lots of food. With a variety of foods comes a variety of symptoms that people experience. At the holiday dinner, Maria ate a bite of the pumpkin-shrimp bruschetta and within 10 minutes developed swollen lips and began vomiting. At the
It seems that every week we are made aware of another sexual abuse allegation. Accusations have been made against famous politicians, sports celebrities, TV stars, movie producers, the man next door. Many of my students and clients have shared their opinions on social issues such as this one.